I'm an ordinary kid like millions, unlike a few thousands who are exceptional. But my love,passion, energy, enthusiasm, craziness for this team is always at the zenith. Few years back untill the structural changes took place in the this Team I hadn't really supported any team my heart out in this cash rich, glamorous tournament. 2011 was the year when three important players of their own countries were playing in one team. It felt to me like the pieces of puzzle were falling into their own places. Since 2011, I had never stopped supporting for a moment, atleast. If somebody were to ask my "Who's my love?" I'd happily answer with a grin on my cheeks "It's RCB" I have fallen in love with them since 2011. I forget may family, friends or whoever I'm attached to during the game time. As if the world has come to a halt. We lost on many occasions, too many, but we showed what we play for. We showed when we go out we go out all guns blazing, The only team which has the capabiltiy of winning the touranment, the cup has eluded us so far, The Bengaluru fans and fans from elsewhere are so eagerly waiting for a cup ever since. They say it's a kind of injustice or w Be fell short of luck, RCB despite boasting world class talents. I would rather frame it this way. The best people in business not only prove that they can win but also they can be patient enough to endure the hardship of not winning the title and still battling it out. For us, we haven't won a single time, Yet, we go out and fight each moment making it an event. Patience, a virtue that has been a pivot part of our team. We are still waiting for that one final match.
I still get the goosebumps after the tournament is over. The chants of "AAARCEEEBBEE" suggesting RCB ( Royal Challenger Bangalore), the reverberation of the shout throughout the whole stadium. Players, specifically, AB de Villiers, Captain Kohli & Gayle. People often label this team as three player team and others as futile. Nobody notices the bowlers contribution beacause of the larger than life performances by our batters. But these three certainly make the stadium come alive. People from all over the globe love them. Few of the most admirable cricketers who have mastered all formats of the game. AB de Villiers is a gem of this era. People shout their throat out irrespective of the team he is playing. The best of our times and the most loved one is this man. People in Chinnaswamy Stadium either chant 'RCB'or 'ABD'. The Captain too has touched new heights this season. He has become a run generating machine. He has been scoring at such a rate that he might get bored one day. And let's not talk about Gayle Storm or the monster who can single-handedly destroy any bowling line up.
2011 Final match , I remember I was in Engineering College. I used to rush to any nearest TV center which was running RCB's match. Either it was a projector in our college ground or any friend's place.
We lost that match to CSK, We were hopeless at the very outset because our big guns had fallen very early. I was heart-broken. I felt no to do anything but sleep that night. My usual thing to do when I get disappointed.
2011 Champion's League, we plummeted every bowler. Every ball seemed like getting lost in the park. Semi-Final was the epic one with Sreenath Aravind hitting the last ball for six. I remember I had shut my laptop because what was needed was nearly impossible at that moment, 5 runs of last ball. Technically, a six to win and a four to draw. We pushed that boundary too. But we again failed in Final to Mumbai Indians, Disappointment again was looming on my face. I was so terribly saddened by this fact. I still couldn't believe we lost the finals after an epic Semi-Final.
2016:
I cannot forget that night. Let me talk about the way RCB entered the qualifiers, RCB was nowhere in the qualifying scenario , lying second last in the table. Kohli-AB combo pushed them so far that managed to create their spot in the qualifier's spot, Unbelieveable amount of striking the balls by these two, The Captain with four centuries in his pocket. Again Semi Final was totally uncalled for when ABD, lone survivor from the batters list, managed to pull a nearly impossible win against the Gujarat Lions.
I was at the Kochi airport when I saw RCB was batting second. It felt like the perfect script, Final match in Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru, I was in Taxi on my way to SLC but my fingers were continously refreshing the Cricbuzz app to check the scores, I had a strong feeling that was the night we will be the champs. But we fell short again marginally after such a blitzkrieg start. I was again mad and started cursing anybody who came across me, Why RCB had to bear this brunt? When will be the time that this team will be able to see through the finals? People say we have a choker's tag. Is it really so? I never want this RCB team to be altered. This is my best team ever. I just fall in love with this line-up every time I switch on the TV to see Kohli pump his fists in air or AB play a paddle sweep over the boundary or Gayle boomerang the ball out of the park. I'll be waiting one more time to see the men in red come out and play to win the cup, I will be waiting for the fans swaying and swooning in the stadium chanting 'AAAR CEEE BEE'. I'm waiting,
I still get the goosebumps after the tournament is over. The chants of "AAARCEEEBBEE" suggesting RCB ( Royal Challenger Bangalore), the reverberation of the shout throughout the whole stadium. Players, specifically, AB de Villiers, Captain Kohli & Gayle. People often label this team as three player team and others as futile. Nobody notices the bowlers contribution beacause of the larger than life performances by our batters. But these three certainly make the stadium come alive. People from all over the globe love them. Few of the most admirable cricketers who have mastered all formats of the game. AB de Villiers is a gem of this era. People shout their throat out irrespective of the team he is playing. The best of our times and the most loved one is this man. People in Chinnaswamy Stadium either chant 'RCB'or 'ABD'. The Captain too has touched new heights this season. He has become a run generating machine. He has been scoring at such a rate that he might get bored one day. And let's not talk about Gayle Storm or the monster who can single-handedly destroy any bowling line up.
2011 Final match , I remember I was in Engineering College. I used to rush to any nearest TV center which was running RCB's match. Either it was a projector in our college ground or any friend's place.
We lost that match to CSK, We were hopeless at the very outset because our big guns had fallen very early. I was heart-broken. I felt no to do anything but sleep that night. My usual thing to do when I get disappointed.
2011 Champion's League, we plummeted every bowler. Every ball seemed like getting lost in the park. Semi-Final was the epic one with Sreenath Aravind hitting the last ball for six. I remember I had shut my laptop because what was needed was nearly impossible at that moment, 5 runs of last ball. Technically, a six to win and a four to draw. We pushed that boundary too. But we again failed in Final to Mumbai Indians, Disappointment again was looming on my face. I was so terribly saddened by this fact. I still couldn't believe we lost the finals after an epic Semi-Final.
2016:
I cannot forget that night. Let me talk about the way RCB entered the qualifiers, RCB was nowhere in the qualifying scenario , lying second last in the table. Kohli-AB combo pushed them so far that managed to create their spot in the qualifier's spot, Unbelieveable amount of striking the balls by these two, The Captain with four centuries in his pocket. Again Semi Final was totally uncalled for when ABD, lone survivor from the batters list, managed to pull a nearly impossible win against the Gujarat Lions.
I was at the Kochi airport when I saw RCB was batting second. It felt like the perfect script, Final match in Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru, I was in Taxi on my way to SLC but my fingers were continously refreshing the Cricbuzz app to check the scores, I had a strong feeling that was the night we will be the champs. But we fell short again marginally after such a blitzkrieg start. I was again mad and started cursing anybody who came across me, Why RCB had to bear this brunt? When will be the time that this team will be able to see through the finals? People say we have a choker's tag. Is it really so? I never want this RCB team to be altered. This is my best team ever. I just fall in love with this line-up every time I switch on the TV to see Kohli pump his fists in air or AB play a paddle sweep over the boundary or Gayle boomerang the ball out of the park. I'll be waiting one more time to see the men in red come out and play to win the cup, I will be waiting for the fans swaying and swooning in the stadium chanting 'AAAR CEEE BEE'. I'm waiting,
Comments
Post a Comment