Dear Bazz,
I am a true Indian team fan as I'm a native of India but i'm no less Kiwi fan. Well, the world cup is in the midway. Your guys have performed sensibly good in all departments. You are one of the hosts, so the critics say you do stand a chance to win this world cup along with Australia & the mighty South Africa. Australia might have won 4 times but your team, as a whole unit, is no less mightier.
Let's start with you. I've watched you since the first day of IPL when you wrecked havoc. Until then i'd never seen somebody dancing down the track & hitting six to fast bowlers in a fearless manner. Not once or twice but several times. I was completely awestruck with your timing whenever you swing your bat like a samurai does with his sword. Perharps, you and AB de Villiers are the most outstanding batsmen playing in an unorthodox way. I really did not care to see your average. All I did is switched on the TV to see you tormenting the fury of the fast bowlers. I remember how you clobbered the Australian bowlers in a T-20 match held in Christchurch, like Tait & Lee. Dil scoop is something invented by Dilshan. But you re-invented it. You took it to another level. Those sixes over Brad Haddin's head truly left me dumbfound. Over the years you didn't become defensive despite several poor performances & that's what I really loved about you. You've set the bar for the New Zealanders & the whole cricketing fraternity.
Let's not forget your test career.
You play an equally energetic innings in test matches too. You are indomitable in any format of the game. Bowlers' plan goes kaput when you step down the pitch. Your fast hands are your asset. God, i remember how you smacked a 150kph+ short ball over the fence in IPL. Your innings in Hyderabad(225), Auckland(224) & in Wellington(302) showed us how ruthlessly devoured the opposition. There are times we get disappointed when you go back pavilion soon. But, you always be my one of my favourite.
Four matches down in the world cup & you have a significant contribution batting fearfully. You did not spare Malinga, Anderson, Broad & even Johnson. I'm sure Clarke would have no choice of thinking to win the last match, till he got you out. Your team is through but the impediment is the knock-out round. I believe you will play a pivotal role in securing Kiwis through the knockout stages. We witnessed some extraordinary performances from Tim, Kane,Dan, Corey & Boult. We need more from Ross, Luke & Adam. Although you are excellent untill now. New Zealand have never won a WC. I truly want no clash between India & NZ in which I'll definitely cheer for India. If India fails, its NZ who I want to lift the cup. What Martin Crowe shared a vision working relentlessly on achieving such feat, I need you to get it in your pocket.
Bazz, my heart beats faster while you bat. Any moment you could get out & that would be the last thing I want to see it. You are such a treat to watch. I just wish to get a Jersey from you, numbered "42" & "Brendon McCullum" written on the back side. I admire you truly from my heart. I hope you do give a reply on reading this so that a fan somewhere in India might get overwhelmed with joy. I look forward for your team in WC and in the future. Predominantly IPL. I know you love the Indian crowd too. Do not stop dancing down the track, plummeting the bowlers untill you take the cup.
Yours Lovingly,
Ab Dash.
Comments
Post a Comment