Skip to main content

First meet


April 19th,2019. Place - Bangalore.

On this date and this place I met her for the first time. It was an arranged meeting by both of our parents. I never knew her before neither did she know me. We had just talked barely for 3–4 days before meeting .

I stay in Chennai. On April 18th I took a bus to Bangalore and I'd booked a guest house. She was coming from Guntakal, Andhra Pradesh. Both of us arrived a few hours apart. I was very much hesitant for this . rather. I never wanted to get married in 2019. I never wanted to see anybody for marriage. I was totally disinterested in marrying. Hence I was avoiding my parents' decision to go and meet girls. Manna was the first girl who I agreed to meet up in Bangalore. My parents had visited her home and they found her adorable and they even were comfortable with her parents. So both the families were in agreement in their minds. Then Bangalore happened.

I was waiting for her outside the Guest house and she came walking by. I just had a subtle glance to notice her face. Then she came stood before me with a smile. We headed off to KFC for lunch. I had nothing in my mind to assume. It would have been too early. After ordering the food we started discussing all our sides. To cover up all the bases so that we would be in a position to think whether to meet next or not. We ordered a big bucket and a burger in KFC. Started munching everything. We forgot to talk. After we were done we started talking.

Fast forward to post 3pm we were back in the guest house. She was a bit tired. So she decided to take a small nap which ended up in complete 2 hour sleep. I was awake all the time. Busy with my phone. She was snoring very mildly. I wondered if I had slept then my she would have outrightly rejected me on my snoring levels. After waking up she had made up her mind. I sensed the fact that she was going to say yes. I had also made up my mind after lot of thinking. I decided to give it a lifetime shot. She is very much humble. Zero hint of arrogance. Down to earth. I liked her. After a lot of discussion I decided to say yes directly by planting a small kiss on her lips. Before that to make her comfortable I held her hands slowly. Played with it. And then I gave her a small kiss on her lips. She couldn't figure out what had happened. She was blank. Speechless. And then we made a little bit of love on the first meet which is extremely unusual. Then I went to drop her at Bangalore station. We have been riding smooth since then in our relationship. I'm already in love with her. So is she. Today I'm getting engaged with her. 7th of July. I'm very happy for both of us. I'm really lucky that she came into my life. She is the most important person in my life. My partner. My best friend. My personal therapist. My caretaker. My lifeline. My love. My wife.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

South Asia's Regional Conundrum.

History is geographically distributed while Geography is historically influenced. The Asian continent was largely in a colonial period for two centuries which left its geo-economic interests dwindling with the interference of geo-political influence of Europeans nations. This impact had a devastating impact on Asian nations on the basis of socio-economic status. In the 20 th century, the Asian nations started recovering slowly. After the post colonialization period certain demarcations were formed rechristening a few countries albeit sharing the same cultural, linguistic and ethnic identities. The South East Asian nations are on a trajectory path leading to a healthy GDP nations which are rapidly on rise. The true potential in the South Asian nation still remains untapped. The One belt, One road corridor proposed by China which is known as ‘Maritime Silk Road’ is a better prospect in improving the trade and prosperity among the Africa-Asia-Europe nations. This is a a very ambitiou...

Excerpt from Monetary Policy Committee Meeting, 19th Dec

No: 14th Attendants: Dr Chetan Ghatge, Professor, Indian Statistical Institute Dr. Pami Dua, Director, Delhi School of Economics Dr. Ravindra H. Dholakia, former Professor, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad Dr. Michael Debabrata Patra, Executive Director Dr. Viral V. Acharya, Deputy Governor in charge of monetary policy Dr. Urjit R. Patel, Governor (Ex) The Monetary Policy Committee has drawn conclusions based on certain surveys which were used as reference for keeping the repo rate unchanged at 6.50%, and retaining the  stance as calibrated tightening considering the global scenario (strenghtening US dollar, slowdown in Crude oil price & rising trade tensions) and domestic macro-economic factors. What were the essential factors there were necessary to decide whether to change the repo rate or not? Well, RBI's MPC has to consider various factors from macro angle to arrive at a point worth deciding whether to change or not and that also include...

The greatest time of our lives.

29th March, 2015: Presentation Ceremony: Mark: Bazz, you said, again and again, this is the greatest time of your lives? Bazz: It has been one hell of a ride. Staying unbeaten throughout the tournament. But, eventually, failing to cross the final hurdle. Making us the second best Cricket Team in the World. The question here asked by Mark was not framed by him. It was what Bazz said after winning and re-winning crunch games. This quote is now remarkable, even if The Kiwis fail to win the one last stop.  Let's get it rewind. Rendezvous 1: Its a fine cold morning in Christchurch. People have come with their woollen jackets. Some are in their thick black blankets. Some have beer glasses. Kids in Black Caps Jersey. Crowd are still flocking in. The National Anthem is over. There has been a slight drizzle of water. One fiery, curl haired, Sinhalese guy licks his hand, adds a bit saliva to the ball. Trying to shine it. Ready for the run up. Locks his sight on the batsman. Takes a s...